- Go to acciona.com
ACCIONA informs Users of the Web Site that their personal data shall only be obtained for processing when they are adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the scope and the specific, express and legitimate purposes for which they have been obtained. ACCIONA is committed to complying with the Data Protection legislation in force at all times.
ACCIONA adopts the technical and organisational measures needed to guarantee the security of the personal data contained therein to prevent same from being altered, lost, or processed or accessed without authorisation, taking due account of the state of technology, the nature of the data and the risks to which they are exposed. They can verify the presence of the SSL Certificate by checking the properties of the Web Site in their browser. To do so they must consult the characteristics of said certificate in the Legal Notice.
Users are solely responsible for the veracity and legality of the personal data they provide.
Who is responsible for processing the personal data?
- Corporate name: Acciona, S.A.
- Tax ID No.: A08001851.
- Address: Avenida de Europa, número 18, Parque Empresarial de la Moraleja, 28108 de Alcobendas, Madrid.
- Telephone No.: +34 91 663 28 50
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Users may contact the Department of Data Protection with any questions related to the processing of their personal data at the aforementioned postal address or at the email address email@example.com.
What personal data do we collect through the Web Site?
The data provided by Users are collected by means of their visit to the Web Site or as a result of their interactions with us via the following options:
- In other cases, the personal data are provided directly by Users via data collection forms for the purposes indicated in each of said forms and when Users consent to subscribe to our Newsletter, contact us through the available channels, respond to surveys, follow our social network profiles or interact with us through said profiles by posting comments or opinions or sharing the content published on any of these profiles. Data are also collected when Users submit their candidacy for ACCIONA job offers.
To what end do we process Users’ personal data?
ACCIONA collects and processes Users’ personal data from the aforementioned digital platforms for the following purposes:
- Information on the solutions the company offers in the renewable energy and sustainable infrastructure sector.
- Communication regarding the business lines of the company and its main associated projects, its activity in terms of sustainability and its presence around the world.
- Web Site User administration and management.
- Information for Investors and Shareholders. Shareholder Forum management, where appropriate.
- Notice and newsletter subscriptions management.
- Respond to information requests made through the means made available to Users.
- Interaction with clients through ACCIONA APPS and on the pages of our social network profiles identified on the Web Site.
- Processing of claims, complaints and suggestions.
- Cookies: keep registered Users logged in, provide statistics associated with the use of the Web Site, location of our offices and anti-spam systems (captcha).
- Participation in selection processes.
- Execution of satisfaction surveys regarding received services to properly manage quality processes and improve same.
- Usage for statistical purposes in order to analyse Users’ behaviour and tendencies and analyse how to improve the services we provide to Users.
- Sending, by post and email, commercial communications and invitations to events and activities that are related to the services and products sold in ACCIONA’s sector of activity (https://www.acciona.com/es/).
If the data necessary for these purposes are not provided, the requested services may not be provided. Users may oppose the processing of their personal data at any time.
On what grounds are Users’ personal data processed?
The grounds for the processing of data are as follows:
- The consent given by Users by providing the data and marking the corresponding boxes indicating they have read and accept such data processing and the completion of the various forms and applications.
- The compliance with the regulatory obligations, as applicable, including the Spanish Companies Act, approved by Royal Legislative Decree 1/2010 of 2 July, regulations on consumption, the Information Society Services Act and applicable regulations on personal data protection indicated herein.
- The maintenance of relationships established between ACCIONA’s suppliers, clients and Users.
- The defence of ACCIONA in any legal proceedings.
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) on the forms found on the Web Site are necessary for us to address your request or assess the information you want to provide us. Furthermore, if you do not accept the installation of cookies you cannot activate the Web Site’s analytics services or view the map of our Office and Branch locations, etc.
How long does ACCIONA store Users’ personal data?
In general, data shall be stored as long as they are necessary for the purpose for which they were collected, provided the Users do not exercise their right to elimination and/or cancellation. Furthermore the data shall be stored in fulfilment of the legal periods in accordance with the relevant regulations in force.
Who receives Users’ personal data?
According to ACCIONA’s activity, the following data transfers are expected:
- Transfers to the competent Public Administration Bodies in terms of communications and information services provision and competent Bodies in terms of consumption in order to address any claims filed by Users.
- When responding to your requests for information or services, ACCIONA may send these requests to companies that form part of the Acciona Group, the composition of which can be consulted at any time in the report corresponding to ACCIONA’s latest consolidated financial statements, https://www.acciona.com/es/accionistas-inversores/informacion-financiera/cuentas-anuales/. Such group companies sell and provide services in various sectors of activity and receive your requests in order to send you commercial information through any means, including electronic means, and to take any other relevant actions. ACCIONA hereby informs you that some of said companies are located outside the European Union. This means that some data transfers may be international data transfers for the purpose of being able to send the requested communication to any of the Group companies.
- Party responsible for web analytics services: Google Analytics services, provided by the American Company Google LLC, are enabled on the Web Site. Interactions with Users through the use of said tool entail international data transfers, both analytical and technical in relation to the Web Site. This transfer is made under the scope of the EU-US Privacy Shield agreement. - Further information is available at the following link: https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt000000001L5AAI
- Social network owners: ACCIONA uses the social media Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Instagram and YouTube to share our content: Interactions with Users through the use of said profiles and tools entail international data transfers, both analytical and technical in relation to the Web Site and the social network profiles. The data provided by users through said profiles are processed on the servers of the social network companies.
What rights do Users have when they provide us with their personal data?
The data subject can exercise their rights of portability and to access, correct, eliminate, restrict and oppose the processing of their data before Acciona, S.A. by writing the Department of Data Protection located at Avenida de Europa, 18, 28108, in Alcobendas, Madrid or by sending an email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. In either case, the data subject must enclose or attach a copy of their National ID (DNI) or other ID. Furthermore, at any time the data subject may withdraw the granted consent by contacting the aforementioned address and file a claim before the Supervisory Authority (the Spanish Data Protection Agency www.aepd.es).
Last updated: November 19th, 2018.
All Australian-based subsidiaries of Acciona Energía Global, S.L. and Acciona Energía Internacional, S.A. (Acciona) respect and are committed to protecting your privacy. Acciona is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act), as well as other applicable laws protecting privacy. Where appropriate, Acciona will handle personal information relying on the employee records exemption and the related bodies corporate exemption in the Privacy Act.
1.0 What We Collect
Acciona and its related entities conduct business operations in Australia and overseas relating to the creation, promotion and management of infrastructure, energy, water and services actively contributing to sustainable development. In so doing, we collect the personal information we need to provide services and information, and generally to conduct our business operations. If you choose not to provide certain personal information to us, we may not be able to engage with you in connection with our business operations. We collect your personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. We may collect personal information from third parties such as our related bodies corporate, other companies, law enforcement agencies and government entities. The following are the main types of personal information collected by Acciona and the main purpose for which they are collected.
1.1. Information Relating to Our General Business Operations
Acciona collects personal information about individuals who are, or are employed by, our customers, suppliers, consultants, service providers, contractors, related companies and agents. We also collect personal information about members of the community with whom we interact in connection with our business operations, such as landowners. Acciona may also collect personal information about individuals who have entered into contracts with us, such as landowners and suppliers, including contact and payment information. These individuals sometimes update their personal information with us over the telephone, by email or by correspondence.
Generally, if appropriate, we will state why we are collecting personal information when we collect it and how we plan to use it, or these things will be obvious when we collect the information.
1.2. Information Relating to Employees and Contractors
1.3. Information to Help Us Assist You with Your Queries
Certain parts of the Acciona website allow you to submit information to Acciona, and you may choose to provide your name, email address or other contact details in order for us to send you information about Acciona or its business operations, or to respond to your Queries, your request for newsletter, and your applications for scholarship or funding. You may also choose to provide us with your contact details and other information when you call us by telephone or write to us.
2.0 How We use Personal Information
We generally use and disclose your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected and for related purposes that would be reasonably expected by you (or otherwise as required or authorised by law). For example, when you send us a query, we will use your personal information for the purposes of considering and responding to your query. We use and disclose your personal information in the administration and management of contracts we have entered into and for other general business purposes, such as auditing, account keeping, administration and keeping our records up to date. We may record the information that you provide to us in a data storage system and keep it until it is no longer required.
When we collect personal information, we may sometimes also use it to help us to carry out market, product and service analysis so that we can continue to deliver enhanced services and products. As part of conducting our business, personal information may also be used to maintain and develop our business practices and systems, including testing and upgrading them.
If you have agreed or asked, we may also use your personal information to keep you up to date with information about the products and services offered by Acciona. If you do not want us to use your personal information in this way or send you any further information, you can always let us know by contacting our Privacy Officer through the contact details given below.
3.0 Disclosing Personal Information
For the purposes we have described, we may disclose your personal information:
- To our suppliers (including service and content providers), contractors, consultants, related companies and agents;
- To government agencies or individuals appointed by a government responsible for the investigation and resolution of disputes or complaints in connection with your interactions with us;
- To anyone to whom our assets or business (or any part of it) is transferred or sold (or proposed to be transferred or sold);
- Where you have otherwise consented; or
- As otherwise required or authorised by
We may disclose personal information to our related bodies corporate, third party suppliers and service providers located overseas for some of the purposes listed above, including the following:
- Our related bodies corporate, located in Spain; and
- Our cloud service providers and data storage providers, located in Ireland, Australia and
While the overseas recipient of the information that is transferred overseas may not be subject to the same privacy standards in Australia, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that the persons and organisations to whom we disclose personal information are bound to protect the privacy of that personal information and do not breach the privacy obligations relating to your personal information.
4.0 Cookies and IP Address Tracking
5.0 How Secure is Your Personal Information?
We regard the security of your personal information as a priority. We take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is protected from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, and we implement a number of physical and electronic measures for such purpose.
We remind you, however, that if you send information to the Acciona website, the internet is not a secure environment and although all care is taken, we cannot guarantee the security of information you provide to us via electronic means.
6.0 Access and Correction
We will provide you with access to most personal information that we have about you, but sometimes that will not be possible, in which case we will tell you why. If you would like to access your personal information or to find out what information we have about you please contact our Privacy Officer at the contact details given below. If your information is collected by Acciona S.A. or any Acciona entity that is subject to the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you may exercise your rights in respect of such information by completing the online form on our website.
When you request access, we may need to take measures to verify your identity. If you think that any personal Information we hold about you is not accurate, complete or up-to-date, you may request that we correct that information. We will take reasonable steps to correct such personal information unless we disagree with you about whether the information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If we do not agree that there are grounds for amendment then we will let you know and, if you so request, we will take reasonable steps to add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it.
7.0 Process for Complaining about a Breach of Privacy
If you believe that your privacy has been breached, please contact us using the contact information below and provide details of the incident so that we can investigate it. We request that all complaints be made in writing, so that we can be sure about the details of the complaint. We will treat your complaint confidentially, investigate your complaint and aim to ensure that we contact you and your complaint is resolved within a reasonable time (and in any event within the time required by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), if applicable).
After we have completed our enquiries, we will contact you, usually in writing, to advise the outcome and invite a response to our conclusions about the complaint. If we receive a response from you, we will assess it and advise if we have changed our view.
8.0 More Information?
- have any queries or would like further information about our privacy policies or practices;
- wish to make a complaint about the way we collect, use, hold or disclose your personal information; or
- would like to tell us that you do not want us to use your personal information to contact you with information in connection with our business operations (including our products and services);
Please contact our Privacy Officer by calling or by emailing or by writing to:
Acciona Energy Australia Global Pty Ltd
Level 38, Melbourne Central Tower, 360 Elizabeth Street, Melbourne VIC 3000 email@example.com
Last updated: 11 March 2021